Tuesday 2 June 2015

[Food]: All Day Breakfast At Fika

Over the summer, I am going to live the life of a lady of leisure. I have no deadlines, no pre-set alarms, no projects to complete (well one, maybe). So clearly, I am spending a lot of time milling about the malls and supporting cafes around the city. Being a lady of leisure also means that I no longer have breakfast at 6.30 am. So when the good people at Fika invited me to try out their yet to be launched all day breakfast menu, I was happy to oblige.

Fika has THE MOST extensive breakfast menu I have seen in Karachi - from the regular eggs and sides to salmon to the most decadent breakfast desserts. Because let's face it, if you are going to have breakfast at 2pm, it better serve lunch as well.

Having been to Fika On The Roof but not to Fika, I was pleasantly surprised to see a clean, white space decorated with quirky art and the slightest hint of pale mint green tables. And of course, having Bradley Cooper on every table did good for the senses.

 

Onwards to the things that really matter - the food!




This ginormous rectangular breakfast quesadilla is my favorite! Stuffed with a fried egg, chicken sausage, chicken chunks and sauteed onions and bell peppers, it's a filling and delightful breakfast wrap that you just can't go wrong with. The winning point for me was the thinly sliced vegetables. Hate big bulky vegetables in my sammich!


Beef lover rejoice!Steak and eggs that tastes god and won't break the bank. But there's on thing that's driving me crazy about this plate of food - the eggs!!! When will restaurant chefs or staff figure out that there is a relatively simple way of making eggs without these golden, crisp edges. That looks like something I made! A perfect sunny side up egg has NO crisp edges. Of course the succulent piece of meat next to the less than perfect eggs made it okay. But come on!


Fish for breakfast! Why not, especially when it tastes this good. Just a simple piece of grilled sole on a bed of mashed potatoes with garlic & herb vegetables. Sometimes a simple recipe that is well executed is all one needs for an exceptional dish. Order this one without any doubts!


Egg gone a bit astray once again, and some burnt potato bits on the hash brown. I suppose that's excusable on the first day of service. The salmon hash brown has a good combination of comforting flavors - potatoes, egg and fish. And the salmon was fresh and cooked just right. 

Right, now the final call. Will I go back to Fika for breakfast? Yes I will. I like the range of the menu. The pricing is not too exorbitant. The recipes seem to be simple and the ingredients are fresh. The only thing that needs work is the execution - which can only improve with time.  And I absolutely love, love, love the playlist! Go for the food, stay for the music.

Check them out on Facebook



4 comments:

  1. Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!
    KFC food coupon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot lets start on this write-up, I honestly think this site wants considerably more consideration. I�ll apt to be again to learn much more, thanks for that info. next page

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to participate in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web. I will suggest this website! he has a good point

    ReplyDelete
  4. I�ve recently started a site, and the information you offer on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. More Bonuses

    ReplyDelete