Wednesday 24 August 2016

[Event]: Azadi Weekend!

I am not much a public celebration person. I tend to avoid going outdoors on festival days for several reasons:

1. It's hot
2. August is sticky and everyone is smelly
3. There's no lights to look at.

Yup, Karachi does not light up for Eid or 14th August the way it should. I suppose I am spoilt with celebrations having spent time in Malaysia (mostly in malls) where every festival is celebrated with such zest, fervour, decorations, promotions and sales! Luckily for me, Dolmen Mall exists.

It was lovely to see the atrium decked up in green and white, stalls selling patriotic T-shirts and badges, photobooths and just the general festive air that the space that to offer. Call me materialistic and missing the point of 'independence' but sales count!



So I put on my super duper patriotic Sonya Battla kurta and hit the mall not once but twice over the azadi weekend. It was also great for my Instagram following and I got to attend an InstaMeet! It was almost like a scavenger hunt and while I am a bit late to the InstaMeet party, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
\



Who knew a trip to the mall would bring out the patriot in me? Dolmen Mall completes me. Those who know me well, know this well.

Here's to freedom! Freedom to live life to the fullest and spend our money any which way we like! Pakistan Zindabad!

No comments:

Post a Comment