Monday 30 May 2016

[Beauty]: Ayesha Ziya's Oud Fragrances




 Growing up in a distinctly Arab family, the smell of Oud was lingered in the air. Whether it was actual Oud wood burning in the prayer room or  the perfume on my mother's clothes. The bottle of Oud oil perfume was always in my mother's purse encased in a green velvet pouch. She would let me wear some when we were going to a special event like a wedding or my own birthday. It still is one of her most prized possessions. All I knew about it was that it was really expensive and difficult to get.

When I got an invite to attend the launch of Ayesha Ziya's Oud fragrance range, I was rather excited. Finally, I would get my hands on my own bottle of this divine fragrance. 


That's the complete range of Ayesha Ziya's fragrances. At the launch, I assumed that all these perfumes are Oud based. However, according to the descriptions on the website, only Oud and Oud Signature are made of Oud wood. Their best seller is 'Irum'. I loved it's soft feminine tones and I would definitely consider gifting it. But for myself, I would invest in Royal Mirage - it's rich, strong and opulent. Just like I like my men.

The perfumes will soon be available to purchase at selected outlets. While I loved the perfumes, the event/information session itself was not fitting for a luxury perfume launch. A dreary room with white table cloth and samosas just didn't cut it.

Would I buy the perfume? Possibly. Depends on the pricing. However, the starter kit at GBP 14 is great value for both personal use and gifting.

For more information on the perfume: www.ayeshaziya.com

No comments:

Post a Comment