Monday 9 March 2015

[Food]: National ka Pakistan

Needless to say, I am a food fiend. I spend much of my time online looking up new recipes, foodie destinations and menu ideas for YummyMummyAndme.  Some of my favorite recipe websites are Rasa Malaysia, BBC Good Food and Yummy. The reason I like these sites is that they are simply organized and give me lots of options and ideas - to search for recipes by ingredients, region, calories etc.

Recently, I was invited to yet another blogger meet up by National Food at Koel Cafe as an introduction to their new website, National Made Easy. The website is actually packed with great content. One can look up recipes according to occasion, ingredients, region (Pakistan) and even everyday meal ideas.

The Good News

The website looks great - slick design, great photography and even short instructional videos.
In terms of content organization, National Made Easy is by far the most well done of all the local cooking websites I have come across. I rather enjoyed the content on the 'National ka Pakistan' tab is a food travelogue hosted by Chef Saadat.

The Not-So-Good News

The website does not have any personalization option yet - no room for creating your own menu plans or saving recipes. There is a registration tab but it does.... nothing. There is a lot of over lap between the different categories, hence, we need more recipes. Hopefully, they will keep updating the content. There is an over dose of video based content! I would have liked some written word and stills for the food travelogue. The mini recipe videos are all kinds of over-stylized - just a bit too fancy in the same vein as our cooking oil/ghee advertising.

Will I be using the website? Perhaps. But unless they add an option for saving recipes and adding more content, I do not think that I will be a frequent visitor.

Luckily for me, National Foods gave me a cook book too.


No comments:

Post a Comment