Friday 15 May 2015

[Event]: Mother's Day at Dolmen Mall Clifton

Everyday is Mother's Day and all that jazz.  However, if sales and celebrations are anything to go by, it is clearly not everyday! There were some pretty dazzling sales, deals and offers all across the city - making it a great time for lazy and stingy shoppers like myself. I did have to push and shove across the crowds and fighting ladies but the discounts were worth it. I opted to stick to my favorite mall in the city - Dolmen Mall Clifton for two reasons: best air-conditioning and random expats.

For the Mother's Day weekend from 8th to 10th May, the mall was a vision in pink, Pale pink and blue panels adorned the walls and pillars with a simple 'I Love Mom' message that made for a great backdrop for making your own Mom's Day card.


There was also a pretty neat activity area with a photobooth, DJ dedication booth, flower and confectionary shop and lots of giveaways. I even won a free kurta from Sheep by winning a mom-daughter challenge conducted by Radio1FM91. YEAH! All in all, the whole space was made for being Instagrammed.


Desserts by The Cakery were available for sale. If you didn't buy any, it's okay. They were below average in taste and ridiculously above average in price. I paid Rs 350 for a regular sized brownie that was dry and tasteless. Needless to say, I won't be spending any money on The Cakery again. 



See that tunnel? It's made of pretend pink roses that smell of perfume!




Anyone who knows me knows that I am a die-hard Dolmen Mall loyalist and I have some strong reasoning to go with it. DMC is making real efforts toward making the space a recreation spot as opposed to just a 'bazar' where people come to shop - this is where many other malls in the city have failed. I did all my Mom's Day shopping from DMC - fuss free, discounted and I even won a prize (which never happens)!







2 comments:

  1. Great information on your site here. I love this post because we can get some useful information from your blog. I expect more post from you guys.

    Bahria Town Karachi Office

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to grow your business and productivity?
    Do you want to manage your company's daily basis operations?
    Then definitely you have some good software which can handle all
    things for you. I suggest you give it a try and book a demo of our
    ERP at https://xfinitive.co

    ReplyDelete